Use an assortment of seasonal fresh fruits, washed and cut into bite-sized pieces. May include strawberries, grapes, peaches, apples, blueberries, melon… anything available that is ripe, fresh and that will hold up to being threaded on a skewer.
- 20 8-12 inch thin wooden skewers
- 1 8-oz pack cream cheese, softened
- .25 cup sugar
- .5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp thawed, frozen orange juice concentrate
- milk to thin dip to desired consistency
- Thread fruit pieces onto skewers in a decorative pattern, leaving the bottom half of the skewer bare.
- Combine dip ingredients with a mixer or whisk until smooth.
If dip seems too thick, thin by adding small amounts of milk at a time.
If you are planning to drizzle the dip over the skewers, thin to the point that it can be poured, but leave it thick enough that it will tend to cling to the fruit.
MAKES 20 skewers
Notes: To serve, you may arrange skewers on a plate and drizzle with sauce or serve them standing upright by inserting the bottom in of the skewers into the rind of a small watermelon that has been cut in half and placed on a plate, cut side down. Offer dip in a separate bowl
SOURCE: Original recipe