York Fresh Food Farms needs your help! York Fresh Food Farms depends on volunteers to help carry out its mission to increase access to healthy fruits and vegetables.
Like to get your hands in the soil and work with plants? Or do you prefer connecting with people and helping them eat healthy vegetables and fruits? At York Fresh Food Farms we work hard, support each other and have fun! We offer on the job training and flexible daytime and weekend schedules. The following employee and volunteer openings are available.
Get involved in the urban farm, our Mobile Produce Market or other programs and make a positive impact on our community and the lives of the families we serve.
- Assist the Farmer with open field and high tunnel (unheated greenhouse) planting, cultivation and harvesting
- Prepare vegetables and fruits for market—clean, trim, package
- Run or assist at local market stops—set-up market table; connect with people and help them in selecting and using produce; process sales
- Help out at community events to raise awareness about the variety, flavor and health benefits of fresh produce
- Assist with social media communication
Important Information for Volunteers
- No experience necessary
- Most York Fresh Food Farms’ work is outdoors in all weather conditions. Volunteers need to dress for the weather and for dirt, mud and dust.
- No open toed shoes, sandals or flipflops. Please wear sturdy shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Bring a hat. When working in the sun, wear a hat.
- Bringing and using sunscreen and insect repellant is a good idea.
- Bring a water bottle.
- All volunteers (including individuals accompanying volunteers) must complete and sign York Fresh Food Farms’ Volunteer Registration and Release Form
- Volunteers under age 18 must have her/his parent or guardian sign York Fresh Food Farms’ Volunteer Registration and Release Form
Company or Group Service Days
We invite business, church, schools and other groups to help York Fresh Food Farms grow and market affordable food for families in need by holding a service day, half day or field trip at York Fresh Food Farms. Whether it’s planting in the spring, weeding and spreading straw in the summer, building raised beds, cleaning spent vegetable plants in the fall, or just doing work that needs done around the Farm, together we can provide access to real, healthy food for families and children who are struggling with food insecurity. To arrange a service day or volunteer event please send an email request to email@example.com.