- .5 (15 ½ -oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into thin slices
- 4 cups fresh spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 1 cup corn, fresh, frozen, or canned
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1-2 tsp water
- .5 tsp ground black pepper
- chopped cilantro and salt to taste
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- Condiments: salsa, sour cream, or Greek yogurt
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and cook until semi-soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add corn and spinach, cover and cook until tender, stirring a few times, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Add black beans to the skillet. Stir to combine with vegies, smashing the beans lightly with a fork. Add 1-2 tbsp water to make a moist bean-vegie mixture.
- Season with pepper, salt, and cilantro and transfer to bowl.
- Spread vegetable mixture evenly on half of each tortilla, fold tortillas over to cover mixture and press with spatula to flatten.
- Spray original skillet with non-stick cooking spray and use to cook folded tortillas over medium heat. Cook around 4 minutes per side, or until both sides of tortilla are golden brown.
Serve with low fat sour cream, homemade or prepared salsa or other condiments you have on hand.
Notes: Add any other seasonal vegetables to the filling. In place of zucchini and spinach, use bell peppers, onions, collard greens, or use up leftover vegetables you have prepared.SOURCE: Share Our Strength’s Cooking Matters, cookingmatters.com, 2018