Volunteer for York Fresh Food Farms in 2018!
- Greenhouse Assistant. Learn to grow vegetables from seed! York Fresh Food Farms needs help with planting seeds, monitoring the greenhouse conditions and seedlings, watering and transplanting seedlings into pots.
- Farm Help/Farm Work. Do you enjoy working outside? Help York Fresh Food Farms with a wide variety of urban farming tasks.
- Mobile Produce Market volunteer. Starting June 15, York Fresh Food Farms will need one or more volunteers to help staff the Mobile Produce Market which will operate 5 afternoons each week.
- Get Your Hands Dirty volunteer. Starting June 11 York Fresh Food Farms will be hosting a program for children 3 days a week in the mornings. Volunteers are needed to help out with the children’s activities.
- Farm Tour Guide. York Fresh Food Farms needs a volunteer to lead tours of the urban farm at 150 Willis Road on First Fridays.
Call or email Metta Barbour at 717 368 2266 or firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer, get more information about volunteering or to arrange a service workday event for your church, civic organization or employee group.
Young people making a difference. The 8th grade class from York Country Day School and the youth Sunday School at Messiah United Methodist Church planted native plants and pole beans, respectively, at the Farm this May. Thank you.
A big thank you to the work crew from UNFI. You all did terrific work helping York Fresh Food Farms with a lot of end-of-growing-season chores on November 9, 2017 – painting, mulching, building raised garden beds. Great job! THANK YOU!
October 3, 2017. Thank you Keep York Beautiful and volunteers from Columbia Gas for erecting 2 greenhouses at the Farm. The greenhouses will be used to grow vegetable plants for the Farm, for community gardeners and for home gardeners in the areas surrounding York Fresh Food Farms. THANK YOU!!
April 8, 2017. Thank you volunteers from Stock and Leader and others for helping to plant blueberries, asparagus and raspberries on a cool and bright day. These perennial fruits and vegetable plants will mature and be ready to harvest in two years. THANK YOU!
York help is needed! Consider volunteering at York Fresh Food Farms. If you are interested in volunteer opportunities or if your organization or business is interested arranging for a service work day at the Farm or in collaborating on a program or event involving farm-based learning or nutrition education, please contact Farm Manager Bruce Manns at email@example.com.